If you are a Canadian citizen planning to travel to India, you will need to obtain a visa before your trip. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about obtaining an Indian visa for Canadian citizens and the airports for entry into India.
Indian Visa for Canadian Citizens
Canadian citizens are eligible to apply for an Indian e-visa, which allows for a stay of up to 60 days for tourism, business, or medical purposes. To be eligible for an Indian e-visa, Canadian citizens must meet the following criteria:
- Purpose of Visit: The purpose of your visit to India must be for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
- Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your date of entry into India, with at least two blank pages.
- Financial Means: You must have proof of financial means to support yourself during your stay in India, such as bank statements or a letter from your employer.
- No Criminal Record: You must have no criminal record and not be blacklisted by the Indian government.
To apply for an Indian e-visa as a Canadian citizen, visit the Indian visa application website at https://www.india-visa-online.org/indian-e-visa/. Fill out the visa application form online, upload your photograph, and pay the visa application fee online using a credit card or debit card. Once your visa is approved, print it out and bring it with you when you travel to India.
There are 28 airports and 5 seaports in India where foreign nationals can enter with an e-visa. The following are the major airports in India where Canadian citizens can enter with an Indian e-visa:
- Delhi International Airport
- Mumbai International Airport
- Bengaluru International Airport
- Chennai International Airport
- Kolkata International Airport
- Hyderabad International Airport
- Goa International Airport
- Kochi International Airport
- Ahmedabad International Airport
When you arrive in India, present your e-visa along with your passport at the immigration counter. The immigration officer will stamp your passport and permit you to enter the country.
Tips for a Smooth Entry into India
To ensure a smooth entry into India with your e-visa, follow these tips:
- Print out your e-visa and keep it with you when you travel to India.
- Have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Carry enough cash or a credit card with you to cover your expenses during your stay in India.
- Know the purpose of your visit and be able to explain it to the immigration officer.
- Avoid carrying prohibited items such as drugs, weapons, and counterfeit currency.
Obtaining an Indian visa for Canadian citizens is a straightforward process if you meet the eligibility criteria and follow the guidelines provided by the Indian government. Make sure you have a valid passport and proof of financial means to support yourself during your stay in India. Understanding the purpose of your visit and ensuring that you have no criminal record can also help you obtain an Indian e-visa. Knowing the airports and seaports in India where foreign nationals can enter with an e-visa can make your travel planning easier. With these tips, you can have a successful and enjoyable trip to India.